Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Ghost Living In My House

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Living In My House

I've browsed a few stories of other people and I've gotten a little more comfortable with the idea of sharing, but, I'm still hesitant because I'm a bit worried about offending my new otherworldly friend.
It began roughly eight years ago when I moved from Waycross Georgia to Smyrna Delaware shortly after the first 'break' with my now ex-husband, although I suspect the house was haunted when I moved in. Basically I picked a nice little two bedroom 1.5 bath home, nothing fancy in order to try to get some peace and sort out my own life. When I'd first toured the house it really never felt strange or different just a bit colder than normal and since it was older made a few strange noises. I purchased the house shortly after touring and moved in almost immediately. At first everything seemed normal for a person who just moved, the whole getting used to a new house thing, but I noticed a few strange things. You never felt alone, there was always the feeling of someone or something being with you- and sometimes even a few rogue touches here and there that made you look in certain directions.
The presence never felt malevolent or uncomfortable instead it seemed to be curious and almost entirely interested in me moving in. I started to notice times when the air around me would get really cold or it would feel like someone was watching me or hear things that sounded just so distant and as if it were trying to communicate. I started embracing the fact that I might've had a ghost, so on a chilly Thursday morning in April 2004 I started talking randomly. Just nonchalantly asking questions and trying to communicate with the presence in my living room. At first there was no reply, but after a period of weeks it began answering my questions with tapping sounds. I hadn't figured out his name but I found out that he was a male older than 35 whom had passed away not far from the house. I tried to figure out his name but I ended up just calling him- "Friend" because he wasn't fond of me trying to rename him.
Around October 2008 the divorce proceeding with my husband began as per my husband, after we failed to rekindle our 'spark', I began to show symptoms of depression and at times I thought about killing myself. I spent less and less time in public and more time crying in my room, it even seemed as though my ghost friend had left. One night out of sheer stupidity I went downstairs and began playing with a box-cutter, not cutting myself, just staring at the edges and trying to think of reasons why I could possibly be so bad that my husband would leave me. I was just too messed up to feel the warm and familiar sensation of my ghostly resident; I did however feel what I assumed to be his hand on my arm.
For an entire 4 hours I cried sitting on the kitchen floor with the feeling of an arm wrapped around me and some strange whispering noise that seemed to be lingering in the back of my mind. I started seeing a therapist to help ease the transition of my new relationship status, and my ghostly friend is still around. I talk to him in the mornings, watch TV, and sometimes try to learn more about him... But I'm afraid he'll go away if I learn too much about him.
I'm not sure if anyone else has a friendly ghost, but I just don't know if there's anything I should do or if I should just let this go on. My only complaint is that when I go to sleep he tends to open doors and not close them (he's very preferential to my bedroom closet door for whatever reason). I guess I'm worried that he might be malevolent in disguise, never really had any ghostly visits before.



Source : http://www.yourghoststories.com/

More Stories: http://blackboxmystery.blogspot.com/

No comments: