Monday 21 May 2012

Freaky Fishing Trip

Freaky Fishing Trip

A couple weeks ago me, my cousin, his friend, went out in our kayaks for a day of fishing and relaxing. It is early spring so it was our first time out this year, being something we did (my cousin and I, not his friend, it was his first time out) almost weekly the last couple years when the weather was nice. The pond we went out in is called Great Island pond, aptly named for the 2 acre or so island that is located directly in the middle.
On this island is an abandoned hunting lodge. From what locals have told me it was being used up until sometime in the 1970's. There are all new housing developments and neighborhoods in the area but at the time this was a really remote place. My cousin and I often stopped in our kayaks and walked through the house at some point during each kayak trip we would make. It is a pretty large house, three floors with a wrap around deck on the second floor, which has a beautiful view of the pond and woods. Having been in there many times we knew how everything inside the house wais set up. So, getting back to the story.
We got out of our kayaks and we explained the house and its layout, and where to step and where not to step, to our guest and first time kayaker. After we were through we made our way up the stairs and into the kitchen, checking out the old well pumps and retro refrigerator. Not ten seconds in to entering the house we hear a loud walking or running sound upstairs and we all stopped and listened. To me it sounded like a person walking or a large animal, because it was fairly loud and there is no way a squirrel or raccoon weighed enough to made those loud steps. We were a little freaked but being three twenty-something's, we shrugged it off and acted like we were not worried.
Next thing we did was cut through the parlor to get out to the front deck and show our buddy the great outside view. While walking through the room my cousin and I stopped and looked at each other. He asked me exactly what I was just about to ask him, which was "why is the door to upstairs closed?" The door had never been closed during any previous visits to the house and it is something that we both noticed immediately. There is no wind in the house because all doors to get in are always closed. Anyway, we continue on to the porch and hang out there for a few minutes, taking some pictures and enjoying the view. We walk back inside to check out the rest of the house and as we are walking back across the parlor, the door that was closed that leads to upstairs flings open hard enough to leave a dent in the wall. Needless to say the three of us ran out of the house back to the front yard. We were all visibly shaken up and were trying to figure out how that could have possibly happened. There was no wind that day, all doors were closed, and the door that opened was clicked shut all the way when we first saw it. After five minutes of deciding if we should go back in, we did exactly that. We went upstairs and could not find a thing, not even a scared animal. We were totally dumbfounded. Needless to say it was a very interesting and confusing pit stop during our mostly relaxing day.
One other thing that happened to me recently was I was laying on my back in bed, trying to fall asleep to no avail. For some reason I felt the need to open my eyes, which has never happened that I can remember, and I saw this misty pattern moving around on my ceiling. It was black but had some colors in it. It was moving around in one general area, directly above me. I had this weird feeling in my body as well. I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me so I woke up my girlfriend who was next to me and asked her if she could see it. She said she couldn't but I was looking right at it. I closed my eyes and waited a few more minutes and opened them again, only to see the same thing. Eventually I just fell asleep and haven't brought it up until now.
Do you have any ideas what this could be?
Am I just going crazy?
I really don't feel like I am though.


Source :  http://www.yourghoststories.com/

More Stories:   http://blackboxmystery.blogspot.com/

No comments: