Thursday 31 May 2012

Abandoned Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

Abandoned Graveyard

Have you ever been to one of those graveyards that are so far back up in the country where nobody ever goes anymore? Well not far from where I grew up there was this old graveyard. We had to go up a one-lane dirt road surrounded by woods on both sides for about two miles. We had to drive in the middle of the road because on both sides there were deep ditches. Luckily this night was a full moon. I don't think just headlights would have been enough to see the way.
My sister and my cousin got out of the car first; I was almost to scared to get out. But it was either go with them or sit in the car by myself until they got back. Of course there was no way I would do that. My sister wanted to go in the graveyard to look at names on headstones, that was the whole reason for going up there. Why they chose nighttime to explore is beyond me. Those two were always adventurous; I was the little sister I always wanted to tag along.
We finally got up to the graveyard; there was a big iron gate that separated the graveyard from the woods. Also there were those big weeping willow trees blowing in the breeze. Some of the branches were low enough to scrape nearby headstones. If seeing that in the middle of the night wasn't scary enough. We climbed over that iron gate, we heard soft music playing. You've got to remember where we were and with nobody around for miles. That didn't stop them from wanting to look at names on headstones.
With the moon shining it made everything look eerie. My sister pointed at a headstone, there was a small child peeking around a headstone. It was there one minute, gone the next. I was certainly ready to leave when I saw that. It spooked my sister so bad, she was ready to go to.
As we were walking away the soft music started playing again. We broke into a run, jumped over the iron gate. You can picture us running like scared rabbits. We certainly got out of there.
The next day dad heard us talking about it; he said he had heard the same story from other people. Needless to say we haven't been back to that graveyard at night.

Source :  http://www.yourghoststories.com/

More Stories:   http://blackboxmystery.blogspot.com/

No comments: