Sunday 24 June 2012

Hopital Royal Victoria


Google Map of Location
Chance of Paranormal Activity - 3
Status - Functional Hospital
Investigation Ease - 1.5

Have you or anyone you know experienced paranormal activity at this location? If so please email us your story at HNAI

History
Known in the city as the "Royal Vic" this site was established in 1893 by the financial contributions of two Scottish immigrants. In 1920 it became a medical research institute attached to McGill University. The first organ transplant in the British Commonwealth was performed at this hospital. In present time the hospital is part of the McGill University Health Care.
Legends and Paranormal Activity
Apparitions of former patients, phantom footsteps, buzzers that go off in empty rooms, disembodied voices and light anomalies.
Testimonial
From DB
I have told my story to many people, everyone who knows me actually. And though I was always hesitant to tell anyone, it was my husband who would always bring the topic up in front of anyone who hasn’t heard it.

I was a patient of Royal Victoria hospital in 1996.



So there I was walking the hall, just a little walk up and down the hall, minding my own business, I never chatted with anyone on that floor.

Then suddenly, this old lady who was standing beside one of the doorways of a room, holding (that long metal thing we drag with us which holds our intravenous drip in which a salted solution of some kind keeping us hydrated....sorry I don’t know the word for it). She spoke to me, and said “you really want to get out of here don’t you?”

I was a little freaked out by what she said, cause I had never seen her before (or after) and there was no possible way she could know what I was thinking.

And a strange feeling went through me, like, I just knew I shouldn’t be replying.... I just felt this.... For some strange reason I knew I shouldn’t be talking to her. The nurses station was close by and it was more like a feeling that they (nurses) shouldn’t be seeing me ‘talking’ with her.

So I just nodded my head, slightly.

She then told me “Straighten your back and walk as fast as you can in front of the nurses station. It’s going to hurt, but you’ll then be out in no time”.

The nurses station was but a dozen steps away. I took a deep breath, pulled myself as straight as I could, and walked as fast as I could. And yes, it hurt real bad.

But that afternoon the doctor came to see me and said I could go home :-)

It was amazing, cause I was not due out for some days, yet, by listening to this sweet old lady I was out the same day.


Back at home I couldn’t understand why I never talked to her, I felt like if I had talked to her the nurses would have seen me talking to a wall.


A few months later, I had to go back to that hospital for a routine follow up. But my appointment was at another floor.

But, as I tried going to that floor, I was told that something (elevators or a floor) was undergoing construction and so the elevator stopped at that floor, where I was after surgery. The first thing I saw was that ‘intravenous pole’, right where I saw the old lady.

That was just weird....like some sort of reminder.


Thanks for posting about the Royal Victoria. For many years my husband and I have always wondered what exactly had happened, and now we have our answer.


I had something else happen to me during that same stay, but nothing makes sense of it and I can’t understand it at all.

In bed, I woke up to a huge pool of blood, on my bed and my pajamas. Thinking my stitches had opened I rang the nurses. One nurse came, then a second, then a third :( they were baffled. My bandage was intact, no blood anywhere on my skin. So they decided to remove my bandage, thinking perhaps there was a leak somewhere around it. Once they removed it everything was fine.

I wasn’t bleeding from anywhere, it was so very strange. My entire body showed no sign of blood at all, yet my pajamas and bed was full.

Later, after some blood work, the doctor found I had dangerously low anemia, and I needed 2 pints of transfusion.


Whatever it was, I’m fine :) and I feel like it was a good thing, for some odd reason it may have saved my life.
Photo




Source:
Contact Information
Address: 687 Pine Avenue West
Phone Number: (514) 934-1934
Website

 

No comments: