Wednesday 5 September 2012

A Cabin Full Of Blood

A Cabin Full Of Blood

CAPTURED by DEATHZ HEAD A.K.A. THE CHILLER on Monday, April 16, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Versus Movie #116. Well, the verdict is in on "The Cabin In The Woods". I'd say it was right up my alley. Easily the best horror movie this year. The plot sort of throws you for a loop but we get hints early on. Even in the beginning we see two scientists talking right off the bat. I think it does make you wonder what's going to happen but gives a certain amount away soon...


Versus Movie #116. Well, the verdict is in on "The Cabin In The Woods". I'd say it was right up my alley. Easily the best horror movie this year. The plot sort of throws you for a loop but we get hints early on. Even in the beginning we see two scientists talking right off the bat. I think it does make you wonder what's going to happen but gives a certain amount away soon. Some have likened it to "Cube", and the movie poster does go in that direction but it wasn't exactly like that. That would have been pretty cool though. 5 friends go to a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Some backwoods area that doesn't seem like a vacation spot. Apparently they were chosen for their different traits. Chosen by some scientists to play a cat and mouse game. At first I thought they were just playing some sort of game entirely. Then I thought maybe they were gonna have zombies show up that can't hurt them or be seen, and then a glitch happens and they die. But it didn't happen like that. There was a glitch but not the one I anticipated. The glitch allowed them to combat the threat at hand instead of dying right away. With movies like this they can go different ways so my imagination as a cyberpunk horror writer started turning the gears with ideas. Granted, I would have done a few things differently myself, but it was very cool. And as cool as it is you know what happens after this movie? Any movie with similar ideas will be hailed as ripping 'Cabin' just like any movie with VR will supposedly be ripping "The Matrix". I liked the twist in this movie a lot. It did throw a wrench in my gears at one point to my satisfaction. It even seems like it was influenced a lot by none other than one of this site's fave authors, H.P. Lovecraft. You'll understand what I mean if you see it. After seeing this I'm glad to say it delivered and it had the massive amounts of gore I was hoping for, and the titties! Can't forget those. Could have used more nudity and sex though. And never enough gore. So many horror movies these days are catering to the teen crowd so they're PG-13 but not this movie. The comparisons to "Resident Evil" are evident, as well as "Thir13en Ghosts". The part that scared me was the technology. It was basically VR overlapping reality. This is a new idea that hasn't been done before and it should be feared because military types would love that. Why? Who knows, but people like to create things like that and keep it a secret. Albert Einstein theorized that physical matter is simply contained force, like the sun. If we were able to contain force in electromagnetic radiation then we could create a living thing that doesn't exist, except when we want it to. This could lead to a nightmare straight out of an episode of "The Outer Limits". So with that said, this movie really takes things to new levels and resurrects old ones. The one main beef I had was whether the ending should have gone the way it did. I liked it but again this sort of movie can go more than one way. I would have slept with the virgin if I were that dude at the end. So this movie gets a big thumbs up from me! Very inspirational for new ideas as well. This is a real horror movie for lovers of horror that want a tad of humor too. It's not a comedy though at all. The ending satisfies. Time for a cabin retreat!
Digg this article here

Guest Commentator FLESHCRAWL says: "I particularly liked how zombies were portrayed as intelligent, well not really, never mind!"










Article Source: http://www.versuscyberpunkhorrors.com/










 

No comments: