Saturday 21 July 2012

The Child Ghost


The Child Ghost
by TPaul

When I was younger, my family lived a small three-bedroom red brick house in Mount Prospect, Illinois. The house had a hallway that all of the bedroom doors exited into. Every night when we would go to bed after dark, as we walked down the hallway toward the bedrooms we would pass through an area that felt cold. Since I was young, less than 10 years old, at the time, I just thought there was a drafty spot in the hallway. That all changed one fall night.
My mother sent me to bed one night around 8:00 p.m. as usual. I, however, didn't want to go to bed. We argued and my father got involved and argued even more. I was crying as I went to bed because I didn't get my way. I lay down on my bed, but stayed awake to get my way. Some time later, I couldn't tell what time it was, I saw a young boy standing by my bed. I didn't know who it was, but I got up and we began to play with my toys.
My mother heard me moving around my room so she came to see what I was doing. She saw me playing by myself on the floor in the dark. She yelled at me to get back in bed. I looked around and my "friend" was gone. I went back to bed.
The next morning, I beat my parents out of bed. When I went in the kitchen, all of the chairs were tipped over. Several of the cabinet doors and several drawers were open. I stood in awe for about a minute, and my mother walked in. She yelled at me for making a mess in the kitchen. I tried to tell her that it wasn't me, but she wouldn't listen.
Several nights later, my father woke up with what he described as "a feeling that a child was sitting on my chest." He yelled, "Cut it out." He saw an apparition fly off of his chest and hover in the upper corner of the room near the bedroom door. That morning, he was the first in the kitchen and saw the chairs tipped over and the doors and drawers open. He then believed that I didn't do it the first time and that our "ghost" did it.
After that morning, my mother, father and I had a conversation about ghosts. We talked a lot about what was going on. We decided to try to be a little understanding of our ghost be cause it seemed apparent that the ghost was only a child.
As long as we lived in the house, we talked to the ghost as we would another child. We included him in some conversations and family activities. We didn't experience any thing else after we started doing that.
A few years later we moved. During our packing, we talked to our "ghost" and let him know what we were doing and why we were moving. We let him know that it wasn't anything he did but we had an opportunity to move to a bigger house, etc.
We stayed close to our neighbors and saw them off and on through the years. Several years after we moved, our old neighbors asked us if we knew that our old house was haunted. They said that the new owners were having "ghost" troubles and that their kitchen furniture was always tipped over. My father told him what we did and they said that they would tell the new owners. That was the last we ever heard of our "ghost."


Article Source:  http://paranormal.about.com/

No comments: